cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindy7874
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Customized Form 'Add New' within SharePoint goes to Classic view

Hello all-

I've customized a form through PowerApps for a SharePoint list and have the sp list on a sp page.  The custom form was working well and as intended (add and edit with custom form) within the SP page and for the list as well. 

I recently enabled the rating feature and added 'Number of Likes' to the sp list.  Now, when I try to 'add new item' within the sp list in a sp page, I'm directed to a "classic" looking form within SP.  It has the entire list fields and no validations put into the custom form.  If the user (me) tries to 'add a new item' through the sp list itself, it is directed to the customized form and works as intended. 
I wondered if adding the column after building the list caused the problem.  I made a "test" list, enabled the ratings feature, added 'Number of Likes', then customized the form through PowerApps.  This caused the same problem; the 'add a new item' within the page directed to a form with a "classic" look but the custom form worked as intended when accessed while viewing only the list (not within the sp page). 

Ultimately, I disabled the rating feature, deleted the rating fields in the list.  I went back to see if I could 'add a new item' within the page and the custom form came up and worked as intended. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong or a work around for this?

Thanks in advance for help.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

I can reproduce the behavior based on your information but I am not sure what is causing this behavior. However, I may have a workaround you can use. In the SP Page use the embed web part and then use the URL to the list view. When I tried this the view look a little different from the List Web Part but the custom Power Apps form opened just like it does when you go to the list. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

I can reproduce the behavior based on your information but I am not sure what is causing this behavior. However, I may have a workaround you can use. In the SP Page use the embed web part and then use the URL to the list view. When I tried this the view look a little different from the List Web Part but the custom Power Apps form opened just like it does when you go to the list. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I never thought about embedding the list. I tried that and it does work as a work around. Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,401)