cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lana
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint Date Picker 12 hr clock

I added a custom data-card in my SharePoint list customization. Added a Date picker from the insert tab & trying to recreate the time with drop down and concatenate everything in the end.

Lana_0-1595997294146.png

Why is the error in my concatenation? 

Reason for recreating the date picker & drop downs for time is to obtain the 12 hr clock instead of 24 hr clock which comes by default when you create a datetime picker in SP.

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lana ,

Datapicker.SelectedDate always returns type Date and Concatenate needs the string values. Try this:

Concatenate(Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lana ,

The Concatenate function is used to concatenate multiple Text String value. But the first argument you entered in your Concatenate function is Date type value, which could not be concatenated with Text value.

Please modify your formula as below (set the Default property of the Title Text Input Box to following😞

Concatenate(
            Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),  // do not miss ')' close bracket here
            Dropdown1.Selected.Value
)

Actually, it is not necessary to use the Concatenate function to achieve your needs. Please try the following directly:

DatePicker1.SelectedDate & " " & Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lana ,

Datapicker.SelectedDate always returns type Date and Concatenate needs the string values. Try this:

Concatenate(Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lana ,

The Concatenate function is used to concatenate multiple Text String value. But the first argument you entered in your Concatenate function is Date type value, which could not be concatenated with Text value.

Please modify your formula as below (set the Default property of the Title Text Input Box to following😞

Concatenate(
            Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),  // do not miss ')' close bracket here
            Dropdown1.Selected.Value
)

Actually, it is not necessary to use the Concatenate function to achieve your needs. Please try the following directly:

DatePicker1.SelectedDate & " " & Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,361)