cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint Integrated PowerApps suddenly stopped working for People Data Type

I see that me SharePoint Integrated app is not working with People Data Type fields.

It is suddenly broken- earlier it used to allow me to type & then search the person within our firm.

Now, all other fields are working, except these People Data Type ones- how do i know if it's a recent issue with Power Apps/ SP issue that is being fixed by MS or if i made some change?

Please suggest- 

GauravG_0-1610385747610.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Well, this may or may not be the issue, but let's investigate first.

Click on the DataCardValue18 control and look at the Allow Searching property.

RandyHayes_0-1610388554497.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Can you verify if the "Allow Search" is turned on for that combobox?  If not, turn it on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes Always to the rescue.

Please note that it is a card- not a combo box- and i have 5 people related fields, all of them were working and now suddenly broken.

I read somewhere MS was working on this issue in 2018 and people suggested using Look Up for Office Search & Combo Boxes- not sure how that works. But why would it break suddenly. Please suggest! FOne of teh field indicated below

GauravG_0-1610388052354.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Well, this may or may not be the issue, but let's investigate first.

Click on the DataCardValue18 control and look at the Allow Searching property.

RandyHayes_0-1610388554497.png

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes - Thank you so much. The IsSearchable property was turned false.

I just changed it to be true and now- it's working. But, it's strange how a working app not touched by anyone in 10 days would suddenly change it's values.

GauravG_0-1610389980601.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

It seems to happen sometimes when the PowerApps versions are changed.  Not sure why this happens, but it is most annoying as you have to constantly fix when they break.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,802)