cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darylvogan
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Integration load event

Still new to PA but getting better. I'm building a complex SP form and when the form loads, I need to inspect several values to then build a collection which will then be displayed via a gallery. What is the right way to do this? I obviously can react to changes, but how do implement this logic upon some initial loading event?

Thanks in advance for feedback

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @darylvogan ,

Put it in App OnStart or OnVisible of the first screen shown. Be aware however if you change records (select another one) without refreshing SharePoint, it may not trigger.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

darylvogan
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @WarrenBelz . However, I'm not sure what you mean. Put what in the App OnStart? Do you mean logic to query the sharepoint item (since the form hasn't loaded yet). Will I then have to duplicate the logic on the change events of the actual controls?

Hi @darylvogan ,

I probably need to know what you are doing here - you mentioned a collection and an initial loading event and I posted two examples of these. If the "inspection" relates to control values that have been modified by a user, then that is the wrong place - you would do it OnChange of the control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,578)