cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksbullard
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Library View Not Refreshing

A SharePoint modern library webpage is not updating after successful update of custom metadata for a document using a Power Apps form.  The 'Properties' pane for this document does correctly show the updated values chosen from the Power Apps form and a page refresh on the SharePoint library will force the library view to show the updated values.  However, I would expect the document's metadata shown in the Properties pane to also be immediately reflected in the library view - surely I'm not mistaken and I'm hoping I won't have to tell users to refresh library webpages simply to see metadata updates performed from Power Apps forms (because that will be a big barrier for adoption).

Does anyone have any ideas on why the metadata would successfully update but the SharePoint library webpage wouldn't refresh?  I looked all over the forum for this issue but didn't see anything specific to this behavior, and my apologies if this has been answered before.  I greatly appreciate any insight provided and I'm happy to provide additional context if needed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marksbullard
Frequent Visitor

I partially found the answer to my question: I have two different content types in my SharePoint library, (1) document set and (2) document.  I use the Visible property to hide metadata in the Power Apps form for each of the content types, though it's important to note that I use the IsFolder SPO library item property rather than the 'Content Type' item property.  To correctly update the view in the SharePoint library, all I had to do was correct the Update property for each card in the Power Apps form to push a value depending on the IsFolder library item property (mirroring the Visible property for that card).  Once implemented, the SharePoint library view is refreshing in the browser window as expected!  This issue with the SharePoint library view not refreshing as expected likely won't be a problem for people using a library with only a single content type (though I haven't tested that yet).

Hopefully this forum post is of some help to someone trying to update their SharePoint library using Power Apps form(s).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
marksbullard
Frequent Visitor

I partially found the answer to my question: I have two different content types in my SharePoint library, (1) document set and (2) document.  I use the Visible property to hide metadata in the Power Apps form for each of the content types, though it's important to note that I use the IsFolder SPO library item property rather than the 'Content Type' item property.  To correctly update the view in the SharePoint library, all I had to do was correct the Update property for each card in the Power Apps form to push a value depending on the IsFolder library item property (mirroring the Visible property for that card).  Once implemented, the SharePoint library view is refreshing in the browser window as expected!  This issue with the SharePoint library view not refreshing as expected likely won't be a problem for people using a library with only a single content type (though I haven't tested that yet).

Hopefully this forum post is of some help to someone trying to update their SharePoint library using Power Apps form(s).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,360)