cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenGW
Post Patron
Post Patron

SharePoint List Attachments not going through

I have an app with several add media buttons that create a collection and then adds that collection to the attachments but none of the images are going to the attachments. Can anybody see what I am doing wrong here?

Add Media button OnSelect = 

UpdateContext({varPID: GUID()});
Collect(
    colImage,
    {
        Value: UploadedImage1.Image,
        DisplayName: "Sort 1-"&Text(
            Now(),
            "[$-en]hhmmss"
        ) & ".jpg",
        Id: varPID,
        AbsoluteUri: ""
    }
)

I got this form WarrenBelz.

The attachments data card has DataField = "{Attachments}" - Default = ThisItem.Attachments - Update = DataCardValue79.Attachments

DataCardValue79 Items = colImage

There are no errors and the form is submitted and will add all items except the attachments. I can't figure out what is wrong.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenGW
Post Patron
Post Patron

@BCBuizer 

Thanks, I think I got it figured out with the help of WarrenBelz blog. This seems to work as long as you follow his directions exactly. Attaching Camera photos without either a Flow or JSON – Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenGW
Post Patron
Post Patron

If I just add the images with the default attachments card it works. How do I add the images from several AddMedia buttons to the attachments card and have them go through? I though I had this.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @StephenGW ,

It seems the DataCardValue.Default needs to be set for what you are trying to achieve, however it expects a record, rather than a collection so you can only add one attachment.

Probably you're going to have to look at using Patch() or a flow in Power Automate to upload a collection of attachments.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
StephenGW
Post Patron
Post Patron

@BCBuizer 

Thanks, I think I got it figured out with the help of WarrenBelz blog. This seems to work as long as you follow his directions exactly. Attaching Camera photos without either a Flow or JSON – Practical Power Apps

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephenGW ,

Glad to see the issue have been solved.

You could mark the correct reply as a solution to close the case.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,021)