Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apirez
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint List Custom Forms Wrong Form on Edit

Help!

All of a sudden, when a user goes to edit an entry on my SharePoint List, the EditForm is not showing up. the NewForm is the option they have. This has worked well for over a month and this has never happened before. I believe my SharePoint integration is working properly, since nothing changed there. Additionally, if i go back into Powerapps and change something small like the size of a field, the EditForm works correctly for a short time and only for me, when I save and publish. Please see the attached screen shots. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @apirez ,

You have created multiple screens on an Integrated form, something I do not believe it was ever designed to do. I have always need to completely forget about the integrated buttons on the small number I have needed to do and put all save and navigation on buttons on the screens as I have struck inconsistent results otherwise.

I think your problem is that it is simply not navigating to the screen. To test this theory, put the same code as the OnEdit on a button on the first screen and see if that works. You may have to do the same with the Save.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the response. This worked fine for over a month and has worked for almost 2 years on another one of my lists/forms previously. Not sure why it stopped all of a sudde 

@WarrenBelz This is the article where I did the different forms from...

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/ 

@apirez ,

Yes I have seen that before, but I have probably answered a dozen or more posts where something does not work properly on multiple screen layouts and I have (as mentioned) resorted to separate buttons on the forms and have had no further issues.

I am just volunteer for Oz (I do not work for Microsoft), so all I can give you is my experience, what I have encountered and the solution I use.

You could log a Support Ticket with Microsoft. If this is a bug, they may be able to give you some other advice.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz its much appreciated! I did open a ticket. 

my issue is that there are different fields for a new submission and on the edit (it’s an approval). How does the button work? Never done that before. Thanks!

HI @apirez ,

It seems your problem is not isolated - this post just came in.

For the button (it I understand your question correctly) , just the same code as you have OnEdit and OnNew except buttons on the screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,613)