cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthiasL
Advocate III
Advocate III

SharePoint List- Custom form App loads in Background

Hi there! I've been struggling with this strange error for a year now. But since a few days this comes up way too often.

When I open an entry in a SharePoint list, it opens the Power App. Twice. One time on the right, the normal version i can use and a second time in the background, not usable. Has anybody seen this before? Is there a way to solve this? It doesn't look good, confuses end users and slows down the performance of the whole process, since it is loading twice.
This happens with every browser on every computer in our company.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 073759.png

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MatthiasL 

Try cloning the app. By that, I mean open the existing app for editing, go to File -> Save As - and in the text box put in a different name, then click Save. Now just do that and see if it solved the problem by opening the cloned app you just created. If it did not work, then try this: on that clone of the app, open it up for editing and then try to use a brand new "connection" to SharePoint data source. To do this, make sure you opened up the app for editing, then go to (database shaped icon on left side) -> Connectors -> SharePoint

If this did not work, to delete the new connection, you can go to make.powerapps.com -> Dataverse -> Connections, sort by modified most recently, the most recent connection probably is the one you just created for testing. Click ellipses, then click Delete from the menu. Make sure only to delete that one, leave the existing connection from the live app alone not to disrupt the live process.

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is, that this is a customized list form. You cannot clone this app, as the "Save as" button is grayed out.
Renewing the connections also did not help. I am not sure if this even is an error in Power Apps itself or on the SharePoint list site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,831)