Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ela_Hsn
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint List Edit Form not showing record patched from a gallery

Hi Experts,

I'm very new to using PowerApps, so I've customized an SP List Form using Powerapps, added a collection to collect multiple entries in one single form that I show using a gallery & then I patched those values to my SP List.

The issue I'm encountering now is that, when I click on a record on my SP list (or Item) the form comes up blank with no values in other words it doesn't list the record that I've clicked on's details. Please refer to my attached screenshots.

Also, I'm using a MS Flow to get approval on these items but the link I use also shows the edit form blank.

I'd appreciate your help on this.

5 REPLIES 5
jcfDaniel
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi,

Can your IsBlank and IsEmpty statements in labels and check what they return?

Ela_Hsn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @jcfDaniel 

The IsBlank after I add a record returns true & the isEmpty returns False. but the whole statement shows that there's a record added.

jcfDaniel
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

It seems odd that you are testing IsBlank and IsEmpty, can you elaborate on that?

On the other hand, If IsBlank returns true, then it should go for your First(['Expense Report'])

Ela_Hsn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @jcfDaniel 

I was replying to your request hence I checked what is being returned by the 2 statements.

I have a collection that I collect the inputs into & a gallery that I display the data in on before patching all that into an SP list using a submit button.

How can I reference that when a user clicks on the record in the sharepoint list, the screen (edit form) must show that record's entries/inputs in the gallery. I think that might be the problem.

jcfDaniel
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I am sorry but I can't follow... maybe a couple of screenshots will help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,463)