cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

SharePoint List Form, Person field not displaying value

I have a duplicate SharePoint list that uses a PowerApps form and both have a person field.  List 1 works when select the sharepoint item, it displays the value of the person field, but List 2 does not.  In my Default on the DataCard, I'm getting an error message: This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation (Data Type: Table).  List 1 has the same formula for Default (ThisItem.HiringManager) and no error.  

**UPDATE** I realized that my person field in List 2 allows multiple users.  How would I display those multiple values if there are some on item view or edit?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kmw1130 ,

Multiple users with commas in between would be

Concat(
   ThisItem.HiringManager,
   DisplayName & ", "
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

@kmw1130 ,
What are you putting that as the Default of ? I was assuming it was the Text of a Label.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kmw1130 ,

Multiple users with commas in between would be

Concat(
   ThisItem.HiringManager,
   DisplayName & ", "
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

@WarrenBelz Do I put that on the Default of the, which is where the ThisItem.HiringManager is?  When I did I got an error.

kmw1130_1-1658364030313.png

@kmw1130 ,
What are you putting that as the Default of ? I was assuming it was the Text of a Label.

@WarrenBelz No, it's a multiple person sharepoint column that is on my form.  Should I put a text box or label in the DataCard and write the values to that vs trying to display the combobox multiple person field, especially since this field will be View Only and Not editable?

@WarrenBelz That works on a label.  I'll probably use that on my form, especially since it is view only.  

Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,936)