cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Helper V
Helper V

SharePoint List Forms: Setting Properties

I am not sure what is happening.  I have a label, 2 buttons and timer on my screen.  Button 1 starts my timer, button 2 stops my timer.  Very simple.  When the timer triggers it changes the text of the label.

Here are my problems.

1. The OnSelect event of Button one does timer1.Start = true.  This does nothing. The timer doesn't start. The only way I have found to start the timer is to set the Start property to a variable and change the variable on button click. WHY? I should just be able to start the timer.
  2. When the timer triggers it checks a value, if true, it sets the label to a value, otherwise sets it to a different value and stops the timer.  I do a label1.Text = "value".  Again, the label does not change. I tried using a variable, but that didn't work either. I know the timer triggers because the timer stops, but the Label text does not change.

I should be able to change these properties directly without issue. I shouldn't have to use a variable for everything. Correct?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere I messed up that is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @sperry1625 

With Power Apps, it is not possible to make assignments such as timer1.Start = true in the OnSelect property of a control. This is how Power Apps works - what you want to do here is just not valid syntax.

The same thing applies where you want to use the syntax label1.Text = "value".

To accomplish what you want to achieve, you would set a variable in the OnTimerEnd property of your timer. For example,

Set(varText, "your value")

You would then set the Text property of your label to varText.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @sperry1625 

With Power Apps, it is not possible to make assignments such as timer1.Start = true in the OnSelect property of a control. This is how Power Apps works - what you want to do here is just not valid syntax.

The same thing applies where you want to use the syntax label1.Text = "value".

To accomplish what you want to achieve, you would set a variable in the OnTimerEnd property of your timer. For example,

Set(varText, "your value")

You would then set the Text property of your label to varText.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,941)