cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint List Forms: Waiting for Component Response

I have my component Dialog box working, at least from a show/hide perspective.  See this topic for more details.

The missing piece here now is to act on the response.  My requirement is to confirm actions taken by the user. So I want to display the dialog to confirm the action the user is attempting. In a normal app when you display the dialog the code pauses and waits for the dialog to go away and then you can take action based on the response.  That is not the case with Power Apps.  It will not wait. It just shows the dialog and continues.

I have Buttons in the Dialog to set a "Response" property I added to the Component.  But as far as I know, there is no way to execute a piece of code based on that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?  Inserting code into the dialog is not what I want to do as that ties the dialog to the application and I want to keep it generic.  Just trigger something in the app to signify the users choice so it can continue or stop the action initiated.

Thank you.

Thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,983)