Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tested1
Helper V
Helper V

SharePoint List/form - Hyperlink Column

Hello

I have a sharepoint list/form for users to fill in

I wanted one column to say 'Training Guide' and the column would have a default value of a Hyperlink that would link the user to somewhere else on the SharePoint site

Is it possible to do this on SharePoint using say powerapps?

EDIT* I used the column formatting and added the code to make the value a clickable link. 

Is there a way to make the value a clickable link when users fill in the form itself? I think i had saw a way to do it on powerapps somewhere..or for the column to say 'Click here' while the user fills in the form?

Please see pic

hyperlink.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To answer your questions : 

• Do I even need the 'Hyperlink text column' in the sharepoint list?
    • No
  • Does the label/button just go on top of this?
    • You can place labels and buttons anywhere, just play with the x en y values in the design settings
  • Any differences between label and button?
    • a couple, for instance, a button has standard color changes when it is pressed. In your case, i would use a button, since your end-users will understand they have to click it, with a label it is not that clear.
  • Is the label name meant to be the Hyperlink? Is it possible for the name text to say 'Click here' in hyperlink and then it would send the user to the link?
    • You can indeed use Click here in the text and use Launch(www.google.co.uk) in your OnSelect property.

Note that your label and value field is in a form (linked to a sharepoint,I presume).

At the moment the button is not included in the form, this might prove to be not the best solution if you want to add more fields to your form. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bartvd
Advocate I
Advocate I

To create a selectable link, use the onSelect property of your object. (could be any object including button or label)

Use the Launch function on the on select. 

You can use the value provided in the Hyperlink Text field :

Launch(HyperlinkTestTextInput.Text)

Does this solve your question?

How would I go about that? Also is it bad that my hyperlink test column is blank? I just created a new single line of text column and set the default value to the web address. What would be the next steps? Im unsure on the property to add in. Thank you

hyp 2.png

You OnChange is giving errors because there is one single quote in there.

In the Left (Screens) menu, what is the name of your Hyperlink field.

Also, i would create a second object (like a button) and make that button launch the value entered in your text field (Hyperlink test).

Hello @bartvd

Thanks for the reply. I have delete the rest of my columns for this test so just the hyperlink test column is shown in powerapps (See pic 1)

Even if i add a quote in i get an error. Im not sure what to put in the Action bar as I can only search for the column name - hyperlink test and anything else I add seems to give an error?

Whats the purpose of creating a second object like a button and making that launch the field? Sorry Iv never used powerapps! Do I just click inser new button and put it over the Hyperlink test?

Could the button say 'Click here' and then it would show up/send the user to the Default hyperlink?

hyperlink 1.png

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @tested1,

you can make a label with a text like "www.test.com" and in the onclick property you can write Launch(thislabelname.Text),

thislabelname should be the name of the label with the link.

Others, sure you can use a button with the the same code like the onclick property of the label Launch(thislabelname.Text) and write that in the onclick property of the button.

Look at the pictures below

Best regards Vasii

Like what Vasii said.

However, and i am not sure this is what you want, if you want the user to open his own links from within the app. 

You could let him enter an url in the Hyperlink Text field and than on the onSelect of the button use : Launch(DataCardValue8.Text)

if you just want to redirect the user to an url YOU decide, than I would only use a button and use the link directly in the of select of the button.

Hello @bartvd  @Anonymous

Yes all I want is for when a user clicks new item the hyperlink text column will have a default link in it that the user can click. Thanks

Sorry I'm a bit confused on where the label or button goes. Had a few questions

• Is the label name meant to be the Hyperlink? Is it possible for the name text to say 'Click here' in hyperlink and then it would send the user to the link?

button pic.png

Please see picture below is this what you mean?

To answer your questions : 

• No
    • You can place labels and buttons anywhere, just play with the x en y values in the design settings
    • a couple, for instance, a button has standard color changes when it is pressed. In your case, i would use a button, since your end-users will understand they have to click it, with a label it is not that clear.
    • You can indeed use Click here in the text and use Launch(www.google.co.uk) in your OnSelect property.

Note that your label and value field is in a form (linked to a sharepoint,I presume).

At the moment the button is not included in the form, this might prove to be not the best solution if you want to add more fields to your form. 

View solution in original post

hi @bartvd

Thank you for your help.

'At the moment the button is not included in the form, this might prove to be not the best solution if you want to add more fields to your form. '

Is this still the case? I will have 5-6 more fields in my sharepoint form/list. But atm it is just hyperlink test and the button for testing.

When I clicked on new item, the button seemed to show and works fine? (See pic)

BUT i have not tried to save the new item yet. Maybe it will not work there I will try it.click here.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (987)