cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint List has Lost its App

Some weeks ago, I created an App directly from a SharePoint List and it's been working fine.  But now I can't reach it directly from the List.  It should appear as a button in the middle of the screen or as an option in the list of selectable Views.

I can reach the App throgh the PowerApps web editor.  But how do I get it back on my SharePoint List?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@Mupps- The screen @LukeW-MSFT shared is part of the functionality we announced/showed at Ignite. This is the ability to customize your SharePoint list forms using PowerApps. We are very close to releasing it and will have blog posts announcing the relase.

Now coming to you issue, if you are unable to see the view now, it must have been removed accidently by someone. We never remove the view automatically.

The way to get it working again with your existing app is slightly long, but here are the steps:

1. Go create another view for your list using "Create an app" option. Make sure to provide a different name from the previous on.
  2. Save and Publish this new app and then close the app.
  3. Now go to https://web.powerapps.com and open the old app in PowerApps Studio for Web which you had as a view.
  4. Once the app is open, go to File>Save as and replace the app we created in Step 1 & 2 above.
  5. Publish the app again
  6. Now on SharePoint when you use the new view we created, it will show the app you were using earlier.
  7. (NOTE) Now you have two copies of the app, so I would suggest that you go and delete the old app from https://web.powerapps.com so that you don't get confused by two similar apps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello Mupps,

When you say "a button in the middle of the screen" are you talking about this button?

Sharepoint1.png

That button will not appear if you have one of the rows selected.

However, that is not the way I normally access an app I have already created via Sharepoint. I usually select then double click one of the rows. Then the app should come in from the right pane of the site:

Sharepoint2.png

Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't work for you.

-Luke

Highlighted

Many thanks for the repsonse, @LukeW-MSFT,

Apologies for being unclear.  That is not the button I refer to.  I mean the the button below (from a different list / app).

PowerApps1.PNGIt's visible when selecting the view associated with it, or when visiting the list if the view has been set as the default.  But the view is no longer listed.

On your other point, when I select then double click an existing row, I get taken to the standard record edit screen.  It would be great to understand how to recreate the behaviour you experience, with both existing and new records.

Highlighted

@Mupps- The screen @LukeW-MSFT shared is part of the functionality we announced/showed at Ignite. This is the ability to customize your SharePoint list forms using PowerApps. We are very close to releasing it and will have blog posts announcing the relase.

Now coming to you issue, if you are unable to see the view now, it must have been removed accidently by someone. We never remove the view automatically.

The way to get it working again with your existing app is slightly long, but here are the steps:

1. Go create another view for your list using "Create an app" option. Make sure to provide a different name from the previous on.
  2. Save and Publish this new app and then close the app.
  3. Now go to https://web.powerapps.com and open the old app in PowerApps Studio for Web which you had as a view.
  4. Once the app is open, go to File>Save as and replace the app we created in Step 1 & 2 above.
  5. Publish the app again
  6. Now on SharePoint when you use the new view we created, it will show the app you were using earlier.
  7. (NOTE) Now you have two copies of the app, so I would suggest that you go and delete the old app from https://web.powerapps.com so that you don't get confused by two similar apps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Many thanks @sarafankit.  That has worked perfectly.

(I've been out of the office for a few days, so apologies for the delayed response).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,608)