cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Helper IV
Helper IV

SharePoint List item Limit of 2000...What do I do?

I have crated a production app that is being used on a daily basis.  Today I ran into a problem where the search function wouldn't pull over what they were searching for.  Turns out there's a 500 item limit for queries.  I upped it to 2000, but that will only be a very limited fix.  I need a permanent one.  What can I put our data into that will not give us a limit and still be able to use it with a PowerApp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

PowerApps is limited to a maximum record count of 2000 for all datasources.

Options are:

1) Narrow first - If you can narrow your records, you can then search over that.  This means that you can perform a narrowing filter with delegable criteria first and then perform your search over that list.

ex.  Search(Filter(yourList, delegableCriteria), yourText, yourColumns)

2) Pull all the records from your datasource - this one is painful and performance impacting, but you can initially pull all of the records of your datasource through a series of delegable criteria into a collection and then use the collection as  your datasource in your app to search over.

Personally, I rely on #1 the most.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

PowerApps is limited to a maximum record count of 2000 for all datasources.

Options are:

1) Narrow first - If you can narrow your records, you can then search over that.  This means that you can perform a narrowing filter with delegable criteria first and then perform your search over that list.

ex.  Search(Filter(yourList, delegableCriteria), yourText, yourColumns)

2) Pull all the records from your datasource - this one is painful and performance impacting, but you can initially pull all of the records of your datasource through a series of delegable criteria into a collection and then use the collection as  your datasource in your app to search over.

Personally, I rely on #1 the most.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Okay, so that is working.  I am curious though, is there something wrong with my code here:

Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,Title=TextInputSearch_1.Text && Quantity>0 && cantboardfeetoriginal>=0)

Because, for example, if I search "tes" nothing appears.  When I search "test" I see my test entry appear.

Capture.PNG

For Search you use the = but for Filter you will use in so 

Filter(REM_Wood_Inventory,Title in TextInputSearch_1.Text && Quantity>0 && cantboardfeetoriginal>=0)

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,401)