cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP153319
Helper V
Helper V

SharePoint Lists - Powerapps won't search "Choice" Field?

I have a very simple powerapps application which enables managers to enter some information into a SharePoint list.

In order to make it easy for them (and myself) I set up many of the columns as "Choice" fields which present a Dropdown box to the manager with the limited choices they have to populate the field (Example: Under the "Locations" column they can choose North, South, East or West). They cannot add other choices.

Now, in the Powerapp itself, when I go to set some search functionality in the "Search" field at the top, Powerapps will not accept any of the Choice (dropdown) fields to search on.

This is the default forumula in the "Search" box, in the forumula bar, with the gallery selected and "Items" as the property choice:

SortByColumns(Filter('Safety Concentration Time Tasks', StartsWith(ComplianceAssetId, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "ComplianceAssetId", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

My question is am I thinking about this the right way OR is there a forumla which will search those "choice" columns?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
RK1
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

tsutton

My solution to this was to add a "Calculated (calculation based on other columns)" column in SharePoint with the formula "=[*Desired column to search in Power Apps*]" as a single line of text. Then reference that new column in Power Apps.

In my case, I needed to search the "Make" column (Apple, Lenovo, HP) which was a choice column in SharePoint and that would not be allowed. The new single line of text calculated column in Sharepoint, named "Make2", then was able to be added to my default formula for my gallery. 

Hope this helps!

CP153319
Helper V
Helper V

I am a deleted reply. Hi. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,226)