cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtparkes
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Lists - order form add lines [One-To-Many]

I am trying to create a SharePoint list [can use powerapps to help] which allows me to place an order for items.

The issue is the One-to-Many relationship. I need to carry forward a unique ID e.g. persons name, and have the option to add additional items as normally people will raise multiple items in one go.

Is there a way to prevent them having to complete their information for every line of item they wish to order whilst carrying through their unique identifier?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Lists - order form add lines [One-To-Many]

Hi @mtparkes,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mtparkes
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint Lists - order form add lines [One-To-Many]

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the reply,

Absolutely, let me see if i can provide some clarity.

I've been tasked to look at producing an online order form for personnel within the organisation to order items for personal issue. As a basic concept the form would need to include the type of information below as an example. So far I have a SharePoint List with the required fields and the Item Required field is linked to external an external database to pull through catalogue numbers etc for the Stores processing team.  Currently they will need to complete all fields and submit the entry for every single item they require.

Name  |  Personnel Number  |  Office  |  Item Required  |  Size  |  Quantity  |  Catalogue Number      etc....

The Problem:  When raising orders people will often want multiple items. At present I cannot understand how to enable them to create an order but add additional lines for the additional items. The output would need to populate a new row [not column] to enable picking/packing/delivery etc to take place   BUT critically will need to carry that individuals unique information [e.g. the first 3 collumns of info] else we cannot track the order location/person.

I've been looking at using powerapps for customised forms and the  OnSubmit     'ForAll(Patch...'   function    but cannot get this to work.

What I am seeking to do is carry the unique info into multiple orders without them having to fill that info in twice or populate an additional form...which i believe is this One-to-Many relationship issue.   The areas of sticking currently are: 1] the ability to add multiple lines to one record  and   2] ability to join the unique identifiers to a new order line without duplication of that info

I hope this makes a bit more sense?

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,080)