cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

SharePoint Lookup Column value not showing

I have one list that contains Project data such as name, start date, project manager, and so on.  I have another list for requests.  The requests list also contains a project manager field which is a lookup to the Project list.  I also wanted to bring over Start Date which works within SharePoint, I can see it in the list.  So I created a custom form for the request list to add, edit, and view.  On the view screen I wanted to show all the data such as the start date.  I was able to add the card without issue but the value never shows up. It just shows as blank.  So not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Mike L.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint Lookup Column value not showing

Look Up columns and PowerApps take a little extra elbow grease. Cat Happy

A couple of notes that hopefully help: 

• To display the info from a Lookup field you have to add .Value. So Gallery1.Selected.YourLookUpColumn.Value
  • There is also a .ID property
  • If you want to access the columns that you are bringing along you can do that also. Gallery1.Selected.YourLookUpColumn_x003a_ColorNumberCode.Value
    • I just learned this. 
    • The easiest way to find the value is to type Gallery1.Selected. and then see if you column shows up

Does that help? 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Shane,

Im not using a gallery.  This is just a form in view mode.  The 2 values that are not showing are dates.  I have 2 regular text fields that are showing fine.  It semas the Items value for all of the lookup fields that were pulled across are using a Choice command to show the value "Choices('PO Request'.Project_x0020_Name_x003a_Cost_x0)".  I am wondering if I just add the projects table as another data source to the form and do the lookup myself based on the project name that I already have on the form.  To me it is not the right way as text fields are showing just not dates, but it would get me around this issue.

Thanks,
Mike L.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm having trouble with this also @MikeLockwood  have you found a solution? I have two lookups "company OKRs" and "company stretch". Company OKR lookup works just fine but the related lookup for "company stretch" doesn't display respective value. please see attached. any guidance will be appreciated 

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

So what I did to get around this was to create a bunch of lists that would be the values for dropdowns.  In the master list of projects I then just created a simple text field to house the data.  In related tables I take the ID from the project table and add it to a field named MasterProjectID type of thing.  This is not clean but it works.  It would probably be better if I was using CDS or a true DB instead of SharePoint.

Thanks,
Mike L.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

thank you I will give this a try

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,931)