Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RK
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint Lookup field not showing value in edit form

Hi,

The lookup fields in the edit form for SharePoint DO NOT show the value, when i edit the field control and change from Display Value to ID for Value 1 or 2 and back and forth it does but it doesnt on load, please explain?

5 REPLIES 5
RK
Helper I
Helper I

Anyone, surely others are noticing this major issue with SP lists?

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RK,

For lookup type in SharePoint list, have you checked the following article?

How to link SharePoint lists using lookup fields

Please compare the difference of the field difference, see if it could help.

I just created two testing list, and the value could be displayed from my side:

45.PNG

The people or group field type may be a little different. Actually the Dropdown box for the People fields under SharePoint list would act as a search box, the result list would show up when you type some string in the Dropdown box.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RK
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Michael

This info does not show a already filled form with data, when you open a edit form with data in the lookup dropdown controls the display value is blank, i.e it doesn't show the current value, have you tried to open an item from a gallery list based on a data source where the lookup data fields have values in them?
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RK,

Confirmed. The value is there from my side:

46.PNG47.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael,

I am still find this issue intermittently, what I am doing is ClearCollect and creating a filtered collection of the datasource as it is > 500 rows, then I am referencing the edit form to the gallery list collection selected value but with the data source as the original data source not the collection, would this have anything to do with it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,268)