cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaroreken

SharePoint Online Connection - Error creating app from data

Hi,

I'm trying to create a connection to our SharePoint online list, but I get the error below.

Error creating app from data

There was an unexpected error while creating your app. Please try again.

The list contains roughly 3k rows and has about 20 columns.

Any idea what can be wrong?

Jaro

10 REPLIES 10
rc
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for reporting! Working on some issues with the connector right now -- hold tight and we'll get them resolved shortly.

Right now there are some known limitations we're working on with creating an App from Data with that volume, but it shouldn't block you from actually generating the app. Please chime in here if the problem persists. 

ifti
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi there,

I have same error.

I have a form list which has "user lookup", date functions, some drop downs, rich text box, attachments (default) etc. items in there.

When creating new app, it can connect and during "building your app", i get the below error:

PowerApps error.png

Provided that it can read, it should be able to create it for me. 

Can you guys please fix it ASAP?

if you want to have a look at my list, please let me know.

Thanks

Ifti

asheldon
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue.  Hard to test drive the product if it can't access data.

So complex columns are not supported as of 5/27/16.  Such as people.  Kind of key to my projects at this point, so interested in knowing when it is available.

person/group data type not supported?? Smiley Frustrated

1.jpg

Should the list in this page be updated until they are supported? Feels misleading to say some what supported but could not create an app if your SP list contains them...

Steelman70
Power Participant
Power Participant

Pictures, lookups, people, choice and calculated columns are all supported and I have managed to connect to them.

Please see here; https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Connecting-to-SharePoint-lists-with-Lookup-Perso...

However:

• for lookups and people columns the "Allow multiple values" option should NOT be selected
  • for choices you should NOT select the Checkboxes option 

I don't use the "Create an app from your data" option but create a blank app and then connect to my data.

Yes apologies, I should have clarified when I wrote the blog post that we don't support "multi-select" columns YET in SPO lists (which Steelman70 calls out below), I will get the blog post updated ASAP.

NOTE: We are aware that supporting "multi-select" is a gap and we are working to get this supported soon.

jo
Power Apps
Power Apps

FYI: the article has been updated.  We ended up moving the table of supported SPO list column types out of the ariticle and over to the following location: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/common-issues-and-resolutions/#create-an-app-from-sh....

As we continue to work to add full support for the remaining SPO list column types I'll make sure we keep this location up-to-date.

Is supporting multi-select fields still on the road map?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,448)