cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewBee117
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

SharePoint Online modern list Thumbnail not showing in PowerApps form

I am customizing the list form with PowerApps. The Thumbnail image is not showing in PowerApps. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

NewBee117_0-1606235307205.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Yes, you can still have that view.  

If you add your column as a hyperlink/picture you will have that image in Gallery view:

RandyHayes_0-1606249692223.png

Yes, it would be good for them to get the Picture type column to work properly.  It's relatively new, so it will take some time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@NewBee117 

You can now also use the Image column type in SharePoint online as Power apps will soon support the image column type from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists.

Check more information in this article: Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

For the most part, you will only be able to view the Thumbnail.  

EditForms don't seem to select the appropriate property for the image to be viewed, so you have to alter it.

First, unlock your DataCard, then change the Default property to : ThisItem.'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Medium (or Large or Small depending on your needs).

You will then see the image.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

NewBee117
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@RandyHayes 

Thanks for the suggestion, when updating the default value, I am getting an error:

NewBee117_0-1606240416811.png

Here is the list view. The column header/name is "Image", which is not an option in the field list in PowerApps.

NewBee117_1-1606239976520.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Yes, use the formula I provided:   ThisItem.'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Medium

Exactly like that.  ThisItem.Thumbnail by itself is not a recognized part of the Edit form fields.

NewBee117
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@RandyHayes 

I copied your formula and pasted it in, see below for error:

NewBee117_0-1606244707280.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Two basic questions:

1) You are modifying the Default property of the DataCard?

2) The SharePoint list that you are connected to is a Document Library?

If you simply type ThisItem.thumb does the formula editor provide suggestions as to what the name should be?

My suggestion was based off of a Document Library with a Thumbnail column in it.  I just re-read through yours and saw the picture that you have an Image column...how is that defined?

NewBee117
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@RandyHayes 

1) yes

NewBee117_3-1606245778628.png

2). No. it is a modern SharePoint list, and I used the "image" option to create that column. I would like to know what the image url is.

NewBee117_2-1606245579729.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Gotcha!  Unfortunately, the Picture/Image column type is not supported in PowerApps that way.

Options:

1) You can store your picture as a picture in the Attachments of the list

2) You can store the Url to the image in another text column and use that to populate the image in PowerApps

3) You could create your list as a Modern Document Library and store the image directly in the library. The library will have a real (and working) Thumbnail column to use in PowerApps.  Note: You can also add the Image to your library list by adding a column to it called Thumbnail as a Hyperlink or Picture column - PowerApps can't use it, but it will display the way you had it in your previous picture.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Whoa...hold the phone!  I just tried to test this out again and was able to get it to show!  

Let me review what the magic is and I will let you know.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@NewBee117 

Never mind.  I fooled myself.  I went in to double check what I was saying to you and thought it was working.  Turns out the column I was looking at was a Hyperlink/Picture column and not a Picture column.

PowerApps still does not support the Picture column as I suspected originally.

The options still stand as I mentioned, with one added:

4) Use a Hyperlink/Picture column in your list.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,739)