cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kp77777
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Person Column with Form Edit and Search365

Hi All,

I've been trying to implement the person column for a while now with SharePoint but have not successfully had this work with forms. I would really like to have a drop down or combo box that would search for the user through the search365 capability and then update in the backend. If anyone has any suggestions or videos as to how to get this to work I would really appreciate it.

kp77777_0-1669628180673.png

6 REPLIES 6
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @kp77777 ,
You can add a combobox (named "ComboBox4") and set items property of it to - 

Office365Users.SearchUserV2({searchTerm:ComboBox4.SearchText,top:1}).value

Before this add Office365Users connector

Then you can go to fields option on Porperties tab on Right side panel. There you can select "Person" layout:

NandiniBhagya20_0-1669631069654.png

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

kp77777
Frequent Visitor

So, this solution works great for choosing one person, but what if you want to choose multiple people?

Turn on "Allow multiple selection" option in property pane.

NandiniBhagya20_0-1669650674500.png

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

kp77777
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, that's still not working and has always been on. When I re-tried your original solution again it stopped working as well. I did create this work around though..

Items of combobox= Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:workstreamlead_2.SearchText})

Update of Card = ForAll(workstreamleads.SelectedItems,
{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Claims: Mail,
DisplayName: DisplayName,
Email: Mail})

Although, it can be a bit finnicky at times but your solution sadly isn't working, would be open to a better solution if anyone has one as I occasionally get some sort of server error.

Thank you for your attempt though 🙂

HI @kp77777 ,

Try using below formula in Update property of datacard - 

ForAll(workstreamleads.SelectedItems, {
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(ThisRecord.Mail),
Email: ThisRecord.Mail,
DisplayName: ThisRecord.DisplayName,
Picture: "",
Department: "",
JobTitle: ""
})

kp77777
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have already tried this method as well and it spit out quite a few more errors than the other method. Thank you though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,227)