Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CvdLinden
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Url rename breaks PowerApps customized list forms

Hi everyone,

Our tenant has gotten the ability to do SharePoint URL renames for sites (collections) the other day. Which I eagerly used to amend a site url that had gotten an extra random number due to a duplicate site with the same url. Anyway this worked like a charm. Anything pointing to the old url now redirects to the new url.

However changing the site url broke all SharePoint customized list forms, for which I used PowerApps. Opening any PowerApp enabled form results in a warning that the App cannot be opened correctly due to incorrect permissions.

Now I find myself in a 'Catch 22' situation because:

1. Trying to edit the form in PowerApps results in an error 'SharePointRequestFailed' - 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' - 'Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.'. Therefore I can no longer edit the forms in order to try and correct the datasource, which obviously now reside at a different url.
  2. I cannot undo the url change since SharePoint won't let me use the original url.

I have tried to find ways to possibly download the customized list form app in order to try and fix them locally. But customized list forms aren't listed when you go to PowerApps. Dabbling with manually manipulating urls doesn't work either.

When I use the 'Connections - SharePoint' option I can see the affected forms listed. But clicking on any of them routes back to the App overview, instead of the App details.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix this? Use the PowerPlatform support route?

I really do not want to have to remove and recreate the customized forms from scratch. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SharePoint Url rename breaks PowerApps customized list forms

Unfortunately, I think the only way to fix this is going to be to use the List settings to set the forms back to basic Forms, then use PowerApps to recreate the form from scratch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unfortunately, I think the only way to fix this is going to be to use the List settings to set the forms back to basic Forms, then use PowerApps to recreate the form from scratch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

CvdLinden
Level: Powered On

Thanks. That's something I did not wanted to hear. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,365)