cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarjitSamra
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint XML Library - Rich Text Field

I'm recreating an InfoPath form in Power Apps - the form will be read-only in Power Apps.  The SharePoint source is a document library so the data is held as XML - though it appears in Power Apps as data from a normal SharePoint list. (to access the Power Apps form in SharePoint the users have to select the record, then select menu More\Properties).

The one issue I'm having is with a rich text field, which the users have pasted emails into - so it includes images, text formatting etc.  The data in Power Apps has all the formatting stripped so just displays the text with no line breaks - which is no good for the users.

I'm referencing the field as SharePointIntegration.Selected.Comments

Using controls Label, Rich Text Editor,  or HTML Text  all show the same - just plain text.  

BTW I'm not using DataCards as the form needed to be heavily customised to have the same look/feel as the InfoPath version.

Has anyone come across this before and/or know how to get around it?

3 REPLIES 3
uiit3155
Helper II
Helper II

Did you get any solution?

I couldn't find a solution at the time, and the field wasn't widely used by the users.

I can't access that environment any more.

Is this still an issue?

I am having a bit similar issue where i am unable to read data of rich text field in Powerautomate for an xml infopath form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,600)