Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chriscolohan
Level: Power Up

SharePoint Yes / No field appearing in display form as True / False

Hi All,

I have created a PowerApp that connects to a SharePoint list. 

The SharePoint list is just used to create a daily check list and virtually all the fields on the list are of type Yes / No.

When adding / editing a list item via the PowerApp everything appears correctly, but when viewing the form in the PowerApp display mode the options appear as True / False?

I want them to appear as Yes / No as this is what the user selected and it is inconcistent to then ask them to view forms that are full of True / False.

has anyone experienced this issue before? The only options for the Yes / No field in the display for is the toggle option, or the text option (True / False)

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Yes / No field appearing in display form as True / False

Hi Chriscolohan,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an app based on SharePoint list, about the Yes/No(check box) column type, I am getting the same issue with you.
>On the Browse Screen, it is shown as true/false.

1.png

>On Display Screen, there are two options for the Yes/No field, View Text(true/false) and View Toggle.
2.PNG

>On Edit Screen, there are four options for the Yes/No field, Edit Options(Yes/No), Edit Toggle, View Toggle, View Text(true/false).

3.PNG

So the Yes/No field is inconsistent on each screen. As a temporary, may I suggest you use Toggle instead of using Viet Text or Edit Options? As we can easily understand what it means. I am trying to report this issue from my side, and I will back to you once I got any response.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rklbrady
Level: Power Up

Hi,

Have you found how to change this? I am having the same issue and it is causing some confusion in both appearance and in coding the visibility of other cards for me.

Thanks!

nickduxfield
Level 8

For sharePoint Lists.

If the amount of columns are small say 1-3.

Create a calculated column at the site columns level preferrably in the content type. If you cant get to those, just add one in for each item in the list. If(BooleanColumn1=True,"Yes,"No")

Tackle all of them with an ifstatement on the Display Form with the Boolean control set to ViewText instead of toggle.

Now go to the default field: If(ThisItem.Boolean=true,"Yes","No")

yhlow
Level: Powered On

Hi, I use Json for the column formatting with some help from the team is work perfectly. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#style-gu... ============== Yhlow 20 hours ago how to replace the Boolean display as true/false to something like "active/inactive" ?Edit (0) DeleteLikeReply Avatar for AmyH_ms AmyH_ms 4 hours ago @yhlow { "elmType":"div", "txtContent": { "operator": "?", "operands": [ "@currentField", "Active", "InActive" ] } } LikeReply Avatar for yhlow Yhlow 46 minutes ago Thanks @AmyH_ms is work.Edit (0) =======================================
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to change control of the Yes/No to another one?

yhlow
Level: Powered On

Hi @Anonymous

yes-no.pngpowerapps and sharepoint

Hope this is help, as display in powerapps as enable/disbale and same to sharepoint list view. but the actual is boolean yes/no. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,986)