cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscolohan
Level: Power Up

SharePoint Yes / No field appearing in display form as True / False

Hi All,

I have created a PowerApp that connects to a SharePoint list. 

The SharePoint list is just used to create a daily check list and virtually all the fields on the list are of type Yes / No.

When adding / editing a list item via the PowerApp everything appears correctly, but when viewing the form in the PowerApp display mode the options appear as True / False?

I want them to appear as Yes / No as this is what the user selected and it is inconcistent to then ask them to view forms that are full of True / False.

has anyone experienced this issue before? The only options for the Yes / No field in the display for is the toggle option, or the text option (True / False)

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Yes / No field appearing in display form as True / False

Hi Chriscolohan,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an app based on SharePoint list, about the Yes/No(check box) column type, I am getting the same issue with you.
>On the Browse Screen, it is shown as true/false.

1.png

>On Display Screen, there are two options for the Yes/No field, View Text(true/false) and View Toggle.
2.PNG

>On Edit Screen, there are four options for the Yes/No field, Edit Options(Yes/No), Edit Toggle, View Toggle, View Text(true/false).

3.PNG

So the Yes/No field is inconsistent on each screen. As a temporary, may I suggest you use Toggle instead of using Viet Text or Edit Options? As we can easily understand what it means. I am trying to report this issue from my side, and I will back to you once I got any response.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rklbrady
Level: Power Up

Hi,

Have you found how to change this? I am having the same issue and it is causing some confusion in both appearance and in coding the visibility of other cards for me.

Thanks!

nickduxfield
Level 8

For sharePoint Lists.

If the amount of columns are small say 1-3.

Create a calculated column at the site columns level preferrably in the content type. If you cant get to those, just add one in for each item in the list. If(BooleanColumn1=True,"Yes,"No")

Tackle all of them with an ifstatement on the Display Form with the Boolean control set to ViewText instead of toggle.

Now go to the default field: If(ThisItem.Boolean=true,"Yes","No")

yhlow
Level: Powered On

Hi, I use Json for the column formatting with some help from the team is work perfectly. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#style-gu... ============== Yhlow 20 hours ago how to replace the Boolean display as true/false to something like "active/inactive" ?Edit (0) DeleteLikeReply Avatar for AmyH_ms AmyH_ms 4 hours ago @yhlow { "elmType":"div", "txtContent": { "operator": "?", "operands": [ "@currentField", "Active", "InActive" ] } } LikeReply Avatar for yhlow Yhlow 46 minutes ago Thanks @AmyH_ms is work.Edit (0) =======================================
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to change control of the Yes/No to another one?

Highlighted
yhlow
Level: Powered On

Hi @Anonymous

yes-no.pngpowerapps and sharepoint

Hope this is help, as display in powerapps as enable/disbale and same to sharepoint list view. but the actual is boolean yes/no. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,069)