Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

SharePoint additional lookup fields cannot be filtered

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have a simple lookup on my DetailsList, which looks up Patients records on my Patients list. This is how I created myLookupmyLookup.png

I can display the extra lookup fields in a gallery. but I cannot filter them. to PowerApps, those columns don't exist during filtering.

• I can show the City column in my gallery. the logical name of this column in Sharepoint in "myLookUp%5Fx003a%5FCity" galitems.PNG

• Now try to filter the gallery and use Filter(DetailList, 'myLookUp:City'.Value = "Glendale"), and it doesn't find that columngalfilter.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint additional lookup fields cannot be filtered

Hi @Edwin-Abdalian ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with additional lookup fields of SP list in PowerApps app.

Currently, within PowerApps, the additional lookup fields of SP list could only be displayed as values within an app, it could not be used as a Filter column in PowerApps app.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, please consider modify your formula as below:

Filter(
         DetailList,
         myLookUp.Value = LookUp('Patients list', City = "Glendale", ID)
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: SharePoint additional lookup fields cannot be filtered

Your proposed solution won't work in my scenario. The Lookup returns only 1 record, right? I may have 10 patients in Glendale, I need to get the IDs of all and show them in my gallery.

I had some time to go and test this further. I think this is a bug in PowerApps. I used the follwing expressions to filter my items. one of them works, the other doesn't. both use the same SharePoint additional lookup field. 

Should I submit this in the ideas page?

1. Filter(Appointments, StartsWith('PatientLookup:First Name'.Value, TextInput1.Text))  This works (however with a delegation warning, which I don't know why, since StartsWith is now delegable on complex fields. but it's not the subject of this discussion) @RezaDorrani , Please cover this in your next SharePoint delegation video
  2. Filter(Appointments, 'PatientLookup:First Name'.Value = TextInput1.Text)  This doesn't work and gives me the error(second picture)

1.jpg2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,611)