cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamEll
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint choices flow

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a flow (triggered in PowerApps by pressing a "Submit" button) to create a new item in SharePoint. All works fine except when I try to update my choices multi-select column. I'm using a multi-select combobox with Choices() in PowerApps to select my choices but these aren't being carried through to SP.

Currently I am using "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content to get the selected choices, but in the app's Submit.Run() formula it won't let me use ComboBox.SelectedItems as "text value expected instead". At the moment I've used concat to convert the choices to a string and referencing that instead, but this isn't working either. 

When I check my flow runs, I see that is has successfully pulled the data through as an input, but disappears when it comes to output:

Screenshot (28).png

Has anyone got any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SharePoint choices flow

You are correct that you need to convert it to a string to pass it to Flow.  But once you get it inside Flow you need to convert it back to an array.  You should be able to do that using the Split() function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You are correct that you need to convert it to a string to pass it to Flow.  But once you get it inside Flow you need to convert it back to an array.  You should be able to do that using the Split() function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

SamEll
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! For anyone else struggling with this, I followed this guide https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/04/01/microsoft-flow-update-a-multi-select-choice-field-in-a-sharepoint-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,234)