cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verthar
Regular Visitor

SharePoint connection rights

I am trying to understand the permissions need when working with a Power App form and SharePoint(SP).

I created a custom form in Power apps the writes data to the SP list. I have full rights to the site and form work 100%.

However my users have only contribute rights on that list. The form dropdowns do not work. I finally was able to get the site to work by granting the read rights to the site and removing access to all other list on the site except the one.

My questions: is there away to do this without granting them access to the entire site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @verthar ,

You can "stop inheriting permissions" at List level in SharePoint and give the users whatever permissions they need on the particular list. Contribute is adequate for any writing to be done and it you have reference lists for the drop-downs, they only need Read on those lists.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @verthar ,

You can "stop inheriting permissions" at List level in SharePoint and give the users whatever permissions they need on the particular list. Contribute is adequate for any writing to be done and it you have reference lists for the drop-downs, they only need Read on those lists.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @verthar ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,877)