Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint custom forms (PowerApps)

Hi there,

Is there any way to troubleshoot error messages that are received when submitting a PowerApps SharePoint form?

When attempting to edit a list item, I am getting the error "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid." However the list item seems to update no problem.

Is there any way I can get more information on what is actually invalid ??

Edit: Here is a snippet of my code for "On save"

If(SharePointFormMode = "CreateForm", Patch('Sales Orders', Defaults('Sales Orders'), SharePointForm1.Updates, SharePointForm2.Updates, SharePointForm3.Updates);SubmitForm(SharePointForm4);ResetForm(SharePointForm1);ResetForm(SharePointForm2);ResetForm(SharePointForm3);ResetForm(SharePointForm4);Navigate(scrSuccessNew, Fade), Patch('Sales Orders', SharePointIntegration.Selected, SharePointForm1_1.Updates, SharePointForm2_1.Updates, SharePointForm3_1.Updates, EditForm1.Updates);
SubmitForm(SharePointForm4_1);ResetForm(SharePointForm1_1);ResetForm(SharePointForm2_1);ResetForm(SharePointForm3_1);ResetForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(SharePointForm4_1);Navigate(scrSuccessEdit, Fade))

SharePointForm1, 2 and 3 are using the same list item and source, they just have different fields on each screen. The SharePointForm4 is a seperate form which is linked to a separate data source, hence the use of both Patch and SubmitForm.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Oh, you added more there since i posted.

Wow, you have a lot going on there.  

I wonder if the app is trying to patch and update things at the same time, and having some issues with trying to access the same items more than once.  I have had issues like that before.  

Also, there have been some issues lately with performance, from a Microsoft perspective, and I have been getting errors like:

"An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response."

If you are getting that, its likely nothing to do with you, but Microsoft.  Hold out and see that it will go away.  Especially if your data is good.  Might not have anything to do with your app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

There are a lot of reasons for these errors to occurr for sure.  Many of which its not clear the reason.  The app checker is the only thing I know of as far as a debugger.  If not, then looking for the red "X" or yellow "!" are the things to look for, and drilling down to the statement level, and seeing if there are any issues there.  You probably already know all of that, but just saying to be sure.

Post more info if you need more help.

image.png

Highlighted

Hi @martinav 

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried checking the App checker but when I click customise form there are no errors to be found in the app itself. I am getting the error message when I am attempting to click Save on the actual SharePoint form so I'm struggling to get more information on the error as I only get the red banner and nothing more.

Thanks again

Highlighted

Oh, you added more there since i posted.

Wow, you have a lot going on there.  

I wonder if the app is trying to patch and update things at the same time, and having some issues with trying to access the same items more than once.  I have had issues like that before.  

Also, there have been some issues lately with performance, from a Microsoft perspective, and I have been getting errors like:

"An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response."

If you are getting that, its likely nothing to do with you, but Microsoft.  Hold out and see that it will go away.  Especially if your data is good.  Might not have anything to do with your app.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi again @martinav 

Yeah lol. We require a load of information per sales order and it made sense to split the data across a few screens.

Interesting point! I'll try removing the patch and go with submit and see if the error goes away. 

The error message I am currently getting is the data source invalid one but now that you mention the "An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response." - I was getting that error message before this one but that one seems to have sorted itself out!

Suppose I'll give it a week or two and hopefully Microsoft do their thing.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have customized form in SharePoint, it has three screen (view,edit,new). The problem i got into is on the New and View screen, the forms reverts back to the last form used. For example, i've created a new item save it and the form hide as usual, but after that when i view one of the item on the list the form will display blank for a few seconds before it loads the data. It goes vice versa, after i viewed an item on the list and then click New to create new item, the form will display the data from the last item i viewed (only for a few seconds) before it becomes blank. I tried adding Refresh on  the On Success but it didn't fixed the issue. Am i missing something, any ideas what else can i do? Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,533)