cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint delegation show all free desks on specific date

Hi there,

I'm currently building an app where people can reservate their desk.

In a gallery I want to show the free 'bookable' desks received from a SharePoint list named 'Reservations'

Mitchelvdh_0-1606312595604.png

When I Filter on the reservation list (Reservaties), I want to find all reservations on the specific date.

The Text(reservatieDatum, "dd-m-yyyy") has to be equal to the Selected date (Line underneath) in the datepicker in the app.

Because we're asking to look through the whole reservation list for all dates, it gives me a delegation error (understandable).

I know there won't be more than 100 reservations on a day, but maybe in the future, so I want to optimize it as well as possible.

Is there any way I can write this formula so there wont by any delegation errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Mitchelvdh 

You might want to consider instead of trying to format the underlying Date column into a text format, to simply use the selected date in your date picker.  Your reservatieDatum is already a date column, and the selectedDate in your datum_kiezen datepicker is also a date.  You can compare them without converting them to text.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@Mitchelvdh 

You might want to consider instead of trying to format the underlying Date column into a text format, to simply use the selected date in your date picker.  Your reservatieDatum is already a date column, and the selectedDate in your datum_kiezen datepicker is also a date.  You can compare them without converting them to text.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes Thank you for your reply 🙂

Could you try to explain why it works now? I understand you're not formatting the dates anymore, but what has it to do with delegation? In my imagination you're still trying to filter through all the reservations of that current date, so when it comes above 1/500/2000 (delegation limit) there will still be a delegation error, or am I wrong?

Looking forward to your answer, and thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,332)