cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earl20
Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint form input field appear when radio button choices selected

I am new to Powerapps and learning via youtube on the fly. I have a SharePoint site for ordering office supplies. I want to make a radio button field containing different items (multiple selections allowed) then when an item is selected a input box appears so people can enter the desired quantity.

example:

Radio button field called "supplies needed" contains a selection for pencils, pens, paper. When pencils is checked a box will appear asking "please enter the desired number of pencils". I'd like to allow multiple selections so a box will pop up for each selection. I searched online and think I can do it based on set visibility based on value selected in supplies needed, but it didnt work when multiple items were selected. Any help would be greatly appreciated

also second very newbie questions. For those pop up fields to enter the quantity does there have to be a corresponding field in sharepoint for that to feed into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Earl20 

You will need to consider something beside a Radio control for your multiple selections as Radio controls only allow one selection.

Either a combobox or a list control or checkboxes would give you that ability.

If, you choose a listbox for example, your Items property for the listbox would be: ["Pencils", "Pens", "Paper"]

Then, for the visibility of the other control, you can use a formula such as this on the Visible property of those controls:

"Pencils" in yourListBox.SelectedItems

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Earl20 

You will need to consider something beside a Radio control for your multiple selections as Radio controls only allow one selection.

Either a combobox or a list control or checkboxes would give you that ability.

If, you choose a listbox for example, your Items property for the listbox would be: ["Pencils", "Pens", "Paper"]

Then, for the visibility of the other control, you can use a formula such as this on the Visible property of those controls:

"Pencils" in yourListBox.SelectedItems

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,114)