Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adammmm
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint integrated powerapps form can't save on new

Hi PowerApps community,

My form SharePoint integrated power apps suddenly stopped working. It can't save when we try to create a new item. Save on edit still works. I made sure all required fields are entered so that's not the problem.

Has anyone faced the same issue and has a fix for it?

Regards,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

and it doesn't add the new item as well? Did you try to re-create the form or to add a record manually from the grid?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PTBBSolutions
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @adammmm ,

If it doesn't work, it should give you an error. What is the error you are receiving. If non - try to add a record from the app itself, after you have selected to edit it - you should receive and error at least there.

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain how I can add a record from the app itself? It's a SharePoint integrated PowerApp form. The only thing that pops out when I click save is this and loading dots above it

adammmm_0-1636706470661.png

I have no trouble editing and saving old records in SharePoint. 

@adammmm ,

When you click save on the form you mean? As for the app - add a button control and on the OnSelect property, put SubmitForm(FormName).

Yes, I do have a submit button with that code written but it doesn't give me any error message. 

and it doesn't add the new item as well? Did you try to re-create the form or to add a record manually from the grid?

Found the error when I enter the record manually from the grid. I created a field which does this to generate ID

If(SharePointForm1.Mode=FormMode.New, "RC-"&(Last('List_name').'No.'+1),"RC-"&Parent.Default). 

Next new record should be RC-223, but there's already a RC-223 generated (not sure how it got this number should've been RC-211 based on the code above). Anyway, because I have allowed "enforce unique value" on this field which causes the error in creating a new record.

Thanks for narrowing it down! @PTBBSolutions 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,392)