cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

SharePoint list PowerApps form not updating with right record

I created a SharePoint Powerapp form for my SharePoint list 6 months ago.  It has multiple forms.  The first form has the sharepoint integration and then I have controls on all the pages that pull and update the related sharepoint form.  I have not made any changes in months.  

Yesterday or today it stopped properly showing the right record when you edit the sharepoint list item in powerapps.  All the form fields are showing the information from the first item in the list regardless of which list item you clicked edit on.  If I switch from powerapp forms back to sharepoint forms, the problem goes away.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: SharePoint list PowerApps form not updating with right record

Thanks, it is that integration I am referring to.  I did validate the select.  

I wound up getting it working by rolling back to a previous version, then rolling back again to the same version that wasnt working.  Seems like something was wrong with the publishing and that cleared it.  A bit wonky, but it works now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MS_Sol,

So here you are talking about the SharePoint custom form mentioned here?

Please review the following article for the Custom form:

Understand SharePoint forms integration

Specially for the item property:

"

Item - The selected item from the list. This is set to First() item in the list for your convenience when working in PowerApps Studio.

"

Please verify the SharePointIntegration.Selected within a Label control when loading the Custom form in SharePoint list, to make sure this attribute is still working as expected, after that, review the item property for the form for the next steps.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks, it is that integration I am referring to.  I did validate the select.  

I wound up getting it working by rolling back to a previous version, then rolling back again to the same version that wasnt working.  Seems like something was wrong with the publishing and that cleared it.  A bit wonky, but it works now

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi MS_Sol,

Same issue, when form is edit,View mode its loading a first item from the list, once we publish with UI changes or any,

once Saved and published,  if we click(edit,view) any record from the SP list, it is opening always the first record only(item which loading in form edit/view mode).

also restored published version where/when its working fine, here working fine with restored version,

but to apply changes if i open list form in PowerApps, same issue again when i publish ....Its opening same record(first record only) instead of current item.

Can you please help here.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same issue. Did you have fixed this already ?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Bestebreurtje ,

Change the Item of the form to (just)  SharePointIntegrated.Selected ans see if that helps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanx for your response.  I've tried it, but after this change the form is stuck on the loading screen.

The default value was 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First(AanvraagformulierBPA),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Also tried you suggestion:

SharePointIntegrated.Selected

The strange thing is, I had a working form. After a change which doesn't affected this part of settings it's opening the first record of the form.

When I go back to the "Working" version the item settings is still 

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First(AanvraagformulierBPA),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

Maybe it has something to do with the extra forms I've build in ? See screenshot

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Bestebreurtje ,

Typing error - SharePointIntegration.Selected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,801)