cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cc2019
Level: Powered On

SharePoint list auto-generated item would not display in a PowerApps form

Hello dear community,

I have created a Sharepoint autogenerated field with a flow. (To create an invoice number)

Now I want to use that information to generate a .pdf file (So I can print the invoice)

In order to do that I am collecting the information from a FormViewer and generating a .pdf from it.

Unfortunately the Sharepoint generated column would not appear in the FormViewer unless I manually refresh the list from DataSources. I have already two buttons using the "Refresh(" formula but without any results.

What am I missing here? 

Thank you for your support!

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SharePoint list auto-generated item would not display in a PowerApps form

Hi @Cc2019 

This is a timing issue since your flow has probably not been triggered or completed execution

One option would be to not use flow altogether

When item is added using PA form, in the OnSuccess property of the form control, you can patch the item again and enter the invoice number

example:

Patch(datasource, FormName.LastSubmit, {InvoiceNumber:value}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cc2019
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint list auto-generated item would not display in a PowerApps form

Hi @RezaDorrani 

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this!

You are definitely right about the cause but unfortunately I could not get the Patch function to work.

I have data pread across 3 forms which I collect in the end with a Patch function and upload to the SharePoint list. Could it be that I am missing something here?

The invoice number is also generated by the SharePoint list and not the PA. 

Do you have any additional input on how I could proceed?

Kind regards,

C

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,160)