cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nevina

SharePoint list connected to data, but not showing up (Desk Reservation template)

First time using Power Apps. Followed this template/deployment: https://github.com/aprildunnam/PowerApps/tree/master/Desk%20Reservation%20Template

Attached the SharePoint lists of desks to the Data tab on the left column, but on the desk selection page it reads "Uh oh, no openings found!"

I found if I create a new app from the list it works there, but not when I try to connect it to this pre-existing one. 

I tried right-click>refresh, tried making a new list and attaching that, so not sure where else to look. I assume it's not an issue with the code since it's already built into the template. There's also several instances of the "x" icon, but will tackle that after resolving the list issue. 

Would appreciate any assistance! Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Nevina ,

Do you mean that the app showing “no openings found” after you have provisioned the app template and SharePoint list connection showing disable in data source list?

Have you followed the instructions in the page the Github?

v-jefferni_0-1614677890968.png

If so, and base on the test I made with same files downloaded from github, I found that the Flow may did not create SharePoint lists completely.

1\ Desk Reservations list:

v-jefferni_1-1614677890974.png

You need to check whether Person column “Reserved By” and Date columns “Check Out From” & “Check Out To” have been created successfully.

2\ Desks list:

v-jefferni_2-1614677890979.png

Check whether Hyperlink type column “Map link” have been created successfully.

When you have modified the 2 lists completely, add them into Power Apps in the Data pane:

v-jefferni_3-1614677890981.png

Then the words “no openings found” you have seen came up because no item have been selected in the Gallery:

v-jefferni_4-1614677890988.png

When you have set test data in both SP lists, the app would be able to work.

Below are the videos provided by @aprildunnam , who is the editor of the sample app as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zroxwXpVhHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJe6l13rgF0

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nevina

Tried a different browser on a whim, and suddenly the desk is showing up!

Next issue is that the "uh oh" remains even with the desk list there, so will work on this next!

Hi @Nevina ,

Do you mean that the app showing “no openings found” after you have provisioned the app template and SharePoint list connection showing disable in data source list?

Have you followed the instructions in the page the Github?

v-jefferni_0-1614677890968.png

If so, and base on the test I made with same files downloaded from github, I found that the Flow may did not create SharePoint lists completely.

1\ Desk Reservations list:

v-jefferni_1-1614677890974.png

You need to check whether Person column “Reserved By” and Date columns “Check Out From” & “Check Out To” have been created successfully.

2\ Desks list:

v-jefferni_2-1614677890979.png

Check whether Hyperlink type column “Map link” have been created successfully.

When you have modified the 2 lists completely, add them into Power Apps in the Data pane:

v-jefferni_3-1614677890981.png

Then the words “no openings found” you have seen came up because no item have been selected in the Gallery:

v-jefferni_4-1614677890988.png

When you have set test data in both SP lists, the app would be able to work.

Below are the videos provided by @aprildunnam , who is the editor of the sample app as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zroxwXpVhHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJe6l13rgF0

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nevina ,

Have you resolved the issue? 

If above post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

NguyenHuu
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-jefferni ,

i have the same problem, i already followed your steps but can't solve the problem, do you have any suggestion?

NguyenHuu_0-1631073388866.png

DATA:

NguyenHuu_3-1631073534515.png

Desk Reservation list:

NguyenHuu_1-1631073423762.png

Desks:

NguyenHuu_2-1631073468197.png

Thank so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,583)