cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReneAlvarezM
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint list form not updating edit mode

When developing PowerApps for SharePoint lists, I've experienced multiple times that you need to refresh the page or even clean-up the browser cache to get the latest version but now I'm seeing a very strange error.

I added a new choice field (dropdown) and added it to the form. It shows up the field in view (read-only mode) but when in edit mode, the form shows the previous version.

I know it's not the actual SharePoint form since I added a label outside the form to only show the version number (fixed label). That label shows up when in view mode but disappears in edit mode.

Any idea or fix for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ReneAlvarezM ,

Could you please share more details about your app embedded in SP list? Have you created separate screens and forms in power apps based on different modes?

Please refer to below blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/separate-custom-forms/

So you could build separate forms for create, view or edit items in SP list.

v-jefferni_0-1612431929337.png

SharePointIntegration:

OnNew – Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm"); NewForm(CreateItemForm); Navigate(CreateScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit – Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(EditItemForm); Navigate(EditScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView – Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

While separate forms built and set Navigate in OnView/OnEdit/OnNew of the SharePointIntegration, you will need to modify all forms so that they would all change in SP list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ReneAlvarezM ,

Could you please share more details about your app embedded in SP list? Have you created separate screens and forms in power apps based on different modes?

Please refer to below blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/separate-custom-forms/

So you could build separate forms for create, view or edit items in SP list.

v-jefferni_0-1612431929337.png

SharePointIntegration:

OnNew – Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm"); NewForm(CreateItemForm); Navigate(CreateScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit – Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(EditItemForm); Navigate(EditScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView – Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

While separate forms built and set Navigate in OnView/OnEdit/OnNew of the SharePointIntegration, you will need to modify all forms so that they would all change in SP list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Turns out that I created an Edit form and I completely forgot about it when n updating in a hurry.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,431)