cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint list forms disappear if another sceen action (such as Outlook reminder) occurs

Hello,

We're testing an application using SharePoint list forms.   When a user starts a new form, the user finds that the screen will disappear if an Outlook reminder occurs or if he/she clicks outside the form window.  Is there a way around this issue?  I thought maybe if the user just clicked "new" again, the screen would be surfaced again with the data the user entered, but that isn't the case.    Here is what I've found in testing:

1.  NEW form - if a user clicks "NEW" and starts typing in information and the screen disappears, clicking NEW once again will bring up a new form and won't resurface the old data form.  The data is lost and the user has to re-enter all of it.

2.  EDIT form - if a user clicks on an existing list item and types data into a field and the screen disappears, reclicking on the same item in the list resurfaces the form with the data the user typed intact.

There has to be a workaround for this issue.   Why does #2 preserve the typed data but #1 doesn't?  Is it the difference between NewForm and EditForm?   Is there a way to launch a new form in a dedicated browser window?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SharePoint list forms disappear if another sceen action (such as Outlook reminder) occurs

I resolved it - I had a Refresh command in the OnNew SharePoint Integration node and removing it resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SharePoint list forms disappear if another sceen action (such as Outlook reminder) occurs

I resolved it - I had a Refresh command in the OnNew SharePoint Integration node and removing it resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,616)