cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SharePoint list not refreshed after saving PowerApp form

Hello,

I have got a small issue.

I have customized forms with PowerApps - New / Edit.

The New form basically works fine. However when I save the Edit form, the data on SharePoint list is not updated automatically. I have to refresh the page to see updated values on the edited row.

SharePointIntegration : OnSave

If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm"; SubmitForm(Order_add_form); If(SharePointFormMode="EditForm"; SubmitForm(Order_edit_form)));; Refresh(Orders)

EditForm : OnSuccess

ResetForm(Order_edit_form);; RequestHide();; Refresh(Orders)

Could you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SharePoint list not refreshed after saving PowerApp form

I found now that when I am using double groupped view (first and secondary grouping) then it doesn't update.

But when the view uses just one grouping, then it updates fine.

It may be a bug, then.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dawid_Szwajca ,

The PowerApps form, although "integrated" into SharePoint is actually running as a separate "program" when launched and saves data back to SharePoint and then closes. Any refresh you do (I noticed this in your code) is in Power Apps and has absolutely no influence on what might happen on your SharePoint view - you have simply closed the Power Apps form. Having said that, SharePoint mostly refreshes to show the updated data, but there is nothing you can do in Power Apps to influence this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Thank you. I understand the point but it shouldn't behave that way anyway. Who can have a look on that and if needed report it so Microsoft can fix that?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Dawid_Szwajca ,

I am a user like you (I do not work for Microsoft). You can raise a Support Ticket, however those are for things that are wrong with your apps in particular. You might also put this on the Ideas forum and someone may see it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

The problem happens in my instance when grouping on one field only.  If I remove the 'group by' setting in the SharePoint list view, the view refreshes when I save a record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,707)