cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmcsweeney
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint list over 2000 lines with Search and Filter combined Gallery (textinput + Filter function)

Hi All,

Trying to find a solution on the board with changing Search & Filter on my formula but with no success.

I have a sharepoint list with over 2000 lines and I am trying to combine the Searchbox and dropdwon to filter a gallery view to give back defined results. At present it wont return lines over 2000 on SharePoint List.

SharePoint List filter..JPG

I dont clearly understand "Delegation" to resolve , do I need to index the SharePoint list or create a collection !! or can i just change the formula.

My current  formula which works under 2000 lines.

If(Dropdown1_3.SelectedText.Value = "All", Search('SHAREPOINTLISTNAME', TextInput1_Otheringredients_2.Text,"OtherIngredients", "IngredientDescription", "SupplierSub_x002d_Category", "Catrgory", "Title"),Search(Filter('SHAREPOINTLISTNAME', Category=Dropdown1_3.Selected.Value), TextInput1_Otheringredients_2.Text,"OtherIngredients", "IngredientDescription", "Catrgory", "Functionality", "SupplierSub_x002d_Category", "Title"))

Greatly appreciate any help as I have not found a solution in the forum as yet.

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Cmcsweeney 

Take a look at @WarrenBelz 's blog post about delegation in SharePoint. It has several work-arounds   https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/  that mainly depend on using delegatable functions, (Search isn't one of them) and how to create collections from lists larger than 2000.

Thanks @Drrickryp but I am none the wiser or have the coding knowledge to resolve even after this article and still very frustrated that powerapps cannot manage a search of a Sharepoint list over 2000 lines when both products are Microsoft !!. Using another data source like SQL is not an option where this is not a problem apparently. 

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Cmcsweeney 

I understand your frustration. I migrated from ms access to SharePoint with a large database and found it too restrictive. I moved to CDS and haven't looked back. Easily searches 40k records but it is a premium service. SharePoint is free but in PowerApps as in life you usually get what you pay for.

Thanks @Drrickryp . Frustrating alright. I am still trying to find a different solution of possibly pre-filter the list and then search. But thanks for your support. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,829)