Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuburnMist
Helper IV
Helper IV

SharePoint list submissions not showing in Edit form

Hello folks, 

I have an app where MOST of the submitted entries display properly in Edit mode. There are some specific fields that are not showing, and I believe it to be because these fields are populated by separate SharePoint lists (tables). 

I have one SP list for Locations, one for Training and one for Branches. All are connected to the app, along with the main SP list. 

These lists are essentially tables, allowing the users to have cascading drop downs. 

Anything selected from any of these "table" lists, save perfectly into the main list, but when the user selects their record from a gallery to make any edits, the selections made against the tables, do not appear in the edit form.

AuburnMist_0-1652799535910.png

Is there a way to have these appear?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

Hello again @AuburnMist 

Noticing that these are all dropdowns in your form, you will need to look at the Default property of those controls to determine the problem.  The Default property on the dropdown must contain a text property to match a displayed field of your dropdown.

If they are Comboboxes, then you need to look at the DefaultSelectedItems (DSI) property.  In that case, the DSI must supply a record that will match a record of your Items property.

So...let's start with those.

What are the control types you are using and if Dropdown, what is the Default and Items property.

If Combobox, then what is the DSI and Items property?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

Hello again @AuburnMist 

Noticing that these are all dropdowns in your form, you will need to look at the Default property of those controls to determine the problem.  The Default property on the dropdown must contain a text property to match a displayed field of your dropdown.

If they are Comboboxes, then you need to look at the DefaultSelectedItems (DSI) property.  In that case, the DSI must supply a record that will match a record of your Items property.

So...let's start with those.

What are the control types you are using and if Dropdown, what is the Default and Items property.

If Combobox, then what is the DSI and Items property?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

MKreusburg
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

These fields that you want to show, they are add into your view gallery?

Hi Randy! Thanks for replying. I was able to find out that I lacked any info in the DSI properties. I added where necessary and was able to make it work! 

Since I have your attention now (lol), I sent you a private message last week. Any chance you have a moment to have a peek? 

Thanks! 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AuburnMist 

Good deal...glad that pointed you in the right direction.

I have been horrible lately on checking PM's.  I've only been able to get a little bit of time here and there for jumping on the forum and responding to questions...so, my apologies that I didn't check PM's.  I will look at it right now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,915)