cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SharePoint list update - Patch function not updating empty values for choice fields

Hi

I'm updating SharePoint list using the Patch function. The SharePoint list has got many choice columns. When I'm cretaing a new item, I choose certain values for the dropdown and I can see the values getting saved. However if I edit the SharePoint item in PowerApps and remove the dropdown values selected previously and send blank values (no selection made), the SharePoint item still has the old values after save. I don't see the Patch function sending blank values for dropdown. However I can see the text column being set to empty if I remove the value that was previously filled. Issue appears to be with dropdown columns. Is there a fix for this issue? This is how my Patch function looks

Patch('My Form',If(MyForm.Mode=FormMode.New,Defaults('My Form'),SharePointIntegration.Selected),MyForm.Updates)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint list update - Patch function not updating empty values for choice fields

Hi @rajn,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I afraid that the Patch function could not set a blank value for a Choice type column of a SP list within PowerApps currently.

If you would like this fature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to set a blank value for a Choice type column (same as Person column and Lookup column) within the custom form of a SP list created using PowerApps.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SharePoint list update - Patch function not updating empty values for choice fields

Thanks for the reply. I've used the customize forms option in the SharePoint list to create a custom powerapps form. I feel this is a bug and must be fixed as users can be saving and editing the items multiple times

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rajesh,

The user @AnonyMouse has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Clear-DateField-and-Lookup-Column-value/m-p/1...

I have post this issue to my product team already at 07/24/2018, I think the Product team is investigating this issue, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,541)