cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staceylaney
Advocate I
Advocate I

SharePoint "Save All" button not saving on Edit Form

I created PowerApps New, View and Edit forms via SharePoint Customize forms for each.  The problem I'm having is that the native SharePoint "Save all" button does not save the Edit Form.  The "Save" button works just fine on the New Form, but not the "Save all" on the Edit Form.  I've added a Save button to the Edit Form so that users can edit and save changes, but naturally, they still gravitate to the SharePoint "Save all" button and it LOOKS and acts as if it's saved, but their changes do not get saved.

See screenshot of app settings for the forms, and let me know what I'm missing - I feel like it's something simple that I'm just overlooking.

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@staceylaney 

Typically, you would only have one form for edit and new, but if you have two forms for this same function, then you can utilize the form properties to determine if a submit is needed.

ex. 

If(RequestForm_New.Unsaved && RequestForm_New.Valid, SubmitForm(RequestForm_New));

If(RequestForm_Edit.Unsaved && RequestForm_Edit.Valid, SubmitForm(RequestForm_Edit));

It would be more ideal to simply have one form for edit and new though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@staceylaney 

You need to look at the OnSave action of the SharePointIntegration object in your app.  That is the Formula that will execute when a user clicks on the standard Save All button in the form.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

The OnSave is set to "SubmitForm(RequestForm_New)" - if I change it to the Edit form ("SubmitForm(RequestForm_Edit)") will that disable the Save on the New Form, though?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@staceylaney 

Typically, you would only have one form for edit and new, but if you have two forms for this same function, then you can utilize the form properties to determine if a submit is needed.

ex. 

If(RequestForm_New.Unsaved && RequestForm_New.Valid, SubmitForm(RequestForm_New));

If(RequestForm_Edit.Unsaved && RequestForm_Edit.Valid, SubmitForm(RequestForm_Edit));

It would be more ideal to simply have one form for edit and new though.

View solution in original post

The IF statement worked.  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,598)