cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SharePoint version history in PowerApps

Hi,

Is there anyway to retrieve the version history of each list item in a SharePoint List can be shown in the PowerApps app by directly binding to it?

I don't see the Version History details like Version Info, but can see Modified & Modified By.

I would like to retrieve the version numbers of each version and the text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: SharePoint version history in PowerApps

I found a round about way of doing this using Flow.  You have to know the ID of the item of the item you want versions from and then in flow you can use the "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint".  For the URI you need to use "_api/web/lists/GetByTitle([ListName])/items[ID]/Version.  This will get the list of data.  Then use the HTTP Response object to send it back to PowerApps.  You have to ensure you format the response correct.  But so far I am seeing that this works.

Thanks,
Mike L.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pkvaranasi,

Do you mean the Append comments field?

Currently it is only avaialbale to display the latest comments under PowerApps, the version history is not supported.

There is a similar idea submitted on this already:

Append comments Field

Please vote it up if it also meets your requirements, or you may consider submit your own.

A workaround is 

1. export version history of SharePoint List Items to Microsoft Excel,

2. Connect Excel Data under PowerApps, make sure the data imported in Excel has been formatted into table

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@pkvaranasi : Even I had same requirement. This can be acheived by creating azure function and consuming using data connector.

Once I complete it, will share with you all.

Happy Coding!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Narula,

Did you ever get the data connector working for the SharePoint list? I thought about doing a custom implmentation in SQL but version history in SharePoint is alot easier to setup and manage for smaller projects.

Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I found a round about way of doing this using Flow.  You have to know the ID of the item of the item you want versions from and then in flow you can use the "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint".  For the URI you need to use "_api/web/lists/GetByTitle([ListName])/items[ID]/Version.  This will get the list of data.  Then use the HTTP Response object to send it back to PowerApps.  You have to ensure you format the response correct.  But so far I am seeing that this works.

Thanks,
Mike L.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Great. Thanks.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for this workaround! Saved me a lot of searching and frustration!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

an you show an example of how to enter the list name with actual text please. Not just the placeholder. 

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I think this is what you are asking for.

The SharePointList name is Work Orders and the ID of the record I want to look at is 22.  With that I mind then the URL would look like the following.

_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('Work Orders')/items(22)/Version

Thanks,
Mike L.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can you please elaborate on that solution? It's my first time using flow and I can't find beginner-friendly guide on pulling list version data from SharePoint using HTTP request.

So far I have this:

- Address is in and can confirm it works as I had used it numerous times in other apps;

- Method: GET;

- URI: concat('_api/web/lists/GetByTitle([My_List])/items[', triggerBody()['Record_ID'] ,']/Version')

- Header: "Accept: application/json; odata=": "nometadata"

- Text: ???

What do I need to write in Text to get the version list of a record? Does the header need additional values?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,195)