cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

SharePoint version history in PowerApps

Hi,

Is there anyway to retrieve the version history of each list item in a SharePoint List can be shown in the PowerApps app by directly binding to it?

I don't see the Version History details like Version Info, but can see Modified & Modified By.

I would like to retrieve the version numbers of each version and the text.

22 REPLIES 22

That happens to me a lot when replying on these forums and most of the time it will say it removed the HTML that would cause issues (even though things don't look any different) and I can just continue with clicking post again for it to work. 

Hopefully you've got all that text saved? If you do, I have found the best chance is to paste it as plain text (CTRL+SHIFT+V) to avoid that annoying error.

Right, I will try again. Apologies for the Polish screenshots. Couldn't find a way to change language.

First off, you need to make your flow look like this:

Unt.png

Untitled2.png

Run your flow with any valid ID from your list. Take the resulting body from Response block starting after the "value" part. It will look something like this:

{

"value": [

{"data":....

Start from the opening square bracket and end at the last closing square bracket. Copy it and go back to editing your flow.

In the Response block expand the advanced options and click on "Generate from sample". Paste the code in the window that will pop up.

Untitled3.png

Your Response block should now look like this.

Untitled4.png

Now, remove the body from the response block. We need to replace it with something more specific.

Write: body('Name_of_your_send_http_request_block').value

Or:

- Go to formula tab and type in any letter;

- Go to dynamic values tab and click on Body, you will notice it was added in text form;

- Remove the previously typed in letter and add at the end .value Don't forget the dot.

Untitled5.png

So, this is awesome if I can make it work. I am getting this error though, any thoughts? 

"Cannot find resource for the request Version."

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,304)