Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

SharePointForm1 always shows first item in editor

steve_hendy_0-1642084465642.png

Why is the editor still showing me the first item in the list when I have a lookup in item?

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),LookUp([@'Training Certificates'],ID=305),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@steve_hendy 

Change your Item formula to the following:

Coalesce(SharePointIntegration.Selected, LookUp('Training Certificates', ID=305))

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@steve_hendy 

Change your Item formula to the following:

Coalesce(SharePointIntegration.Selected, LookUp('Training Certificates', ID=305))

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

What a very clever chap you are.  Thanks for the quick reply works perfectly.  I did try googling it 😀

Its stopped working now.  Its reverted back to the first item. ☹️

Maybe there is a setting interfering with it under app settings.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@steve_hendy 

Based on that formula, you would have either the item selected in your list when you do a New/Edit of the item, or the record with ID 305.  It is impossible to have record 1.  So, your Selected in the list must be record 1.

The way Coalesce works is it returns the first non-blank parameter.  So if your SharePointIntegration.Selected has a record, that will be the one shown.  If there is no record selected (pretty much would never happen), then it would show record with ID 305.  If for some very rare reason, both are blank, then your form would show "getting data" and never display.

SO...your Selected is record 1 or there is something else going on in your app.

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Its ID=1 

steve_hendy_0-1642093573385.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@steve_hendy 

Right...so then your SharePointIntegrated.Selected item is 1

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

So how do I make it id=305 like the picture above?  Its the same issue in edit or view mode.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@steve_hendy 

Well, I'm not really understanding your purpose then... Is the purpose of your app to always display and edit record 305?  Or is your purpose to display and edit the record selected from your list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,211)