cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

SharePointIntegration.Selected gives me last opened item

Hi! I am trying to get a SharePoint item field value in Power Apps OnEdit event using SharePointIntegration.Selected.MyFieldName. But this gives me the last opened item field value. Why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kolbackx ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the SharePointIntegration.Selected.MyFieldName formula would still return previous selected item value when you edit another item in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following fixed solution:

Set the OnEdit property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');  // Add formula here
Set(Var1, SharePointIntegration.Selected.MyFieldName);   // save the formula result into a variable
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

In addition, you could also consider use the following formula to retrieve the field value of the selected item:

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID, MyFieldName)

or

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID).MyFieldName

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kolbackx ,

The field name in SharePointIntegration.Selected will certainly be the last one you selected back in SharePoint as that is exactly what that term means.

You might try setting a variable in the OnChange of the field control concerned and refer to this when asking for the value it was changed to.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kolbackx ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the SharePointIntegration.Selected.MyFieldName formula would still return previous selected item value when you edit another item in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following fixed solution:

Set the OnEdit property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');  // Add formula here
Set(Var1, SharePointIntegration.Selected.MyFieldName);   // save the formula result into a variable
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

In addition, you could also consider use the following formula to retrieve the field value of the selected item:

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID, MyFieldName)

or

LookUp('Your SP List', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID).MyFieldName

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,440)