cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Shared Connections

I am getting a new warning message within my PowerApps. I have never seen this before and now I am having issues with all my PowerApps connecting to my SQL tables. Thank you for your help!

You are using one or more implicitly shared connections.

sharedconn.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Shared Connections

this is to avoid multiple connections for a data source. This helps users to not to create new connection and can leverage the existing one but they cannot be able to see the username and password of that.

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @thunter 

This is related to sql connection using SQL Server Authentication.

Hence connection is implicit since every user for that App will use this account to connect to SQL Server.

There are 3 options to connect to SQL depending upon where your SQL Server lives.

Azure AD INtegrated

SQL Server Auth

Windows Auth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@RezaDorrani @krishnags 

Is this message safe to ignore? I have never seen this message come up before until recently and I have been using PowerApps with SQL Server for two years now. We use SQL Server Auth.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@RezaDorrani  @krishnags 

Here is a screenshot of my SQL connections. I have only one SQL Server, and these are the SQL tables I connect to. Does it look setup correctly?

sql-connections.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,491)