Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishal1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Shared mailbox

Hello All,

we are trying to send communication to shared mailbox which doesnt have password enabled and try to trigger via powerapps but not working, any workaround for the same?

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Vishal1 

PowerApps will not trigger from a mailbox.  You will need to use PowerAutomate with a trigger defined for that shared mailbox.  From there you can extract information and create records as needed in a datasource that PowerApps will utilize.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Vishal1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Randy, thanks for your prompt response. Just to clarify the mail is currently sent via flow only but triggered by POwerapps action, thats where its not working. 

Sharing the code snippet we have used:

for e.g. SendingEmailToReceiptant-Test'.Run(JSON(colEmail,IncludeBinaryData & JSONFormat.IgnoreUnsupportedTypes));

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Vishal1 

Ah, trigger is a very specific word when dealing with flows! 

So your formula you have for sending the email - is there an error in the formula?  What does your flow history show for that flow?  Is it showing in your flow history and is it failing there?

EDIT: By the way, I am wrapping up for the day, so look over the above and see what you come up with.  I can check back in tomorrow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

sometime Poweraps doesnt trigger the flow and sometime we get following error, though the mailbox is shared and doesnt have password enabled, not sure why still Powerapps is struggling to go through.

You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.
clientRequestId: a8e3aaec-f080-4de9-abc0-782a8910308a
serviceRequestId: d92dbd07-eb6f-8bef-051b-aa40764e9ea9

Do you think, I should try HTTP email in flow and try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,242)