cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankvanesch-
Frequent Visitor

Shared with colleagues in the Microsoft Teams App Store - App not visible to all members

Hi,

I've created a PowerApp in a Teams site. The app is Shared with colleagues outside the Team (non team members), by a Azure AD security group. Strange things happens, some members of the security group can see the App in the Teams App Store, and the other day it's gone. Some members don't see the app at all and some members had never a problem seeing and accessing the app. Are there some limitations that I'm not aware of? -

All users have a Microsoft 365 E3 license.

User are directory synced on-prem AD to Azure Ad.

See the attached images, for configuration details. 

For some colleagues the app is not visible under this section in Teams. 

frankvanesch_2-1641457790485.png

frankvanesch_3-1641457834176.jpeg

frankvanesch_4-1641457856103.jpeg

frankvanesch_5-1641457927594.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
BrianS
Super User
Super User

Just to make sure I understand the problem correctly - You created a PowerApp in the Team - Did you go into Teams and create the app there? If so it should be available to all Team members. You could just put it in a tab at the top of the Team. It will not be available to people who are not members of the Team. 

Yes, i created it in Teams and it is available in a tab for all team members. But i want it available for some users outside the team. That can be done with the Colleagues with access functionality. Set permission and share your app using Power Apps in Teams - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Have you checked that the people not seeing the app are members in the Security group? I know we have had syncing issues from time to time between the On-Prem and Azure cloud. I have had to remove and reinstate users to get the to show up.

Yep, the people are members in the group. We've ending up creating a new dedicated team site for this app, where all users are direct members. So there is no need for users to go to the built by your colleagues section in teams.  They can access it from a tab within the dedicated teams site 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,494)